Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Mr. Non-Acknowledgment Guy

See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil

"If I keep all my senses occupied, 
then I won't think I'm in Japan"  Non-Acknowledgment Guy




*For more posts similar to this one, see The People in Japan

I want to get this guy out of the way now because a lot of the characters that I cover later on are simply an extension of Non-Acknowledgement Guy (NAG).

I'm not professionally qualified to psycho analyze NAG, but I lived in Japan long enough to be qualified to offer a few quality observations and some analysis on this very mentally unstable character.

NAG is on the verge of developing a full-blown mental disorder that will put him in with Dropkick Joey and the Unicorns (people who develop a mental illness directly attributable to living in Japan - more on them later).

NAG is a fellow foreigner who has become SO sensually over-loaded by Japan that he lives in a world of his own. NAG will neither respond to nor acknowledge you when you say hello - even if you are standing in front of him or her and literally looking at their face from a few feet away. NAG is bizarre.

A NAG can be spotted easily. He is usually a short, overweight, white male human who is reading a book with dark sunglasses and headphones on. The native habitat for this animal is a subway or train platform. Other notable places to enjoy a non-acknowledgement guy sighting are Starbucks and McDonald's.


Do you have a question about Japan or a topic that you are interested in that you haven't found on this blog? If so, please tell me about it in a comment. I will get a post up about it as soon as possible. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment